One of the main activities of the Foundation for Entrepreneurship Development (FED) is to provide surveys, consultancy and training in the areas of Entrepreneurship and small and medium-sized enterprises (SME).
Assistance for the creation and development of small and medium-sized enterprises includes:
- Study and analysis of economic, social and legal environment of SMEs operation in Bulgaria;
- Participation and assistance in the formulation of SMEs policy in Bulgaria;
- Facilitating the access of Bulgarian SMEs to business information, consultancy and training;
- Promotion entrepreneurial spirit and assistance to local and regional initiatives for business support.
These develop in the following directions:
- Implementation of annual studies on the state and development of SMEs in Bulgaria;
- Establishment and maintenance of contacts with Bulgarian and international institutions, working in the field of SMEs;
- Organization of seminars and discussions on the problems of SMEs;
- Publishing and dissemination of studies results and other information about the SMEs sector;
- Provision of support to the local and regional authorities in the field of SMEs policy and support;
- Consultancy provision in the field of project development.
Consultants and researchers, working in the Foundation have a rich experience in the fields of:
- Monitoring and evaluation of national and international programs in economic and social areas;
- Development of information systems and networks in the field of SMEs;
- Provision of advice to SMEs on investment projects development, marketing, establishment of contacts;
- SME financing, research on business environment and SME policy;
- Regional and local economic development strategies;
- Design, development, management, monitoring and evaluation of projects, financed under programs for bilateral and multilateral support of the SME development;
- Support for development of innovations, clusters, social enterprises, ets, in Bulgaria;
- Economic, social and territorial cohesion.
The FED is a member of SME Consultative Council of the MEET, Working Group of Clusters Development of this ministry, Expert Group on Enterprise Development in Rural Areas with the State Fund “Agriculture”, Working Group of LEADER program with the Ministry of Agriculture and Foods, ENCR (European Network for Social Research).